Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

New Year's Resolutions Anyone?

Another year gone, another year ahead - best wishes for 2014!! But before that, it's that time again - yes, for new year's resolutions! 

I myself am guilty of hardly ever not always sticking to my resolutions, but this year will be different because I'm now an adult (!) so hopefully a lot better at seeing things through to the end. 

So here we go, with my list of 2014 resolutions!!

#1: Obviously, join a club/team and get some actual exercise done. This one is probably on everyone’s list after wolfing all those Christmas chocolates! Two benefits to this one – I’ll get fit and I’ll make new friends, which is another one on my list.
#2: Oh, look, here it is – Expand my social circle and get to know more people. My thinking is new year, why not make some new friends to go with it, right?

making new friends
#3: Cherish my old friends. By this time next year, we’ll all have gone our separate ways – university, travelling, working – and there’s no guarantee that we’ll be as close then as we are now, so it’s important that I spend time with them now at least. But hopefully, we’ll still be thick as thieves.
 
#4: Dedicate more time to blogging! There we go, I didn’t forget you guys! I resolve to do at least one blog-post a week about interesting things so you guys don’t get bored. I love to write, so blogging is the ideal pastime for me – all I have to do now is put aside a little time each week for the blogosphere.
#5: Discover more blog/bloggers. My knowledge of good blogs is, alas, rather limited, so this year, I’m hoping to discover more fellow bloggers, because as much as I love writing, I love reading about others a teensy bit more.
Aha, this is where my old friend comes in...
#6: No more procrastinating! I’ve built up a bit of a reputation for being a master procrastinator, which, I’ve got to admit, doesn’t sit with me very well. I’m going to make more to-do lists, and get things done before they start piling up. Like my Papa says, don’t leave till tomorrow what you can do today.
#7: Be more confident and independent and less indecisive. I’ve got this thing where I still view myself as a kid, even though I’m now officially an adult (eek!!) so this year, I will start acting appropriately by taking control of my life and being more independent.
#8: Finish editing my first book, Project GAIA. This year, I promise to finish editing the book and attempt to have it published by December. (This probably goes hand in hand with me not doing the procrastinating thing anymore.)
#9: Be more positive. This is a very general one, but a very important one too. It’s a V.I.R. (very important resolution.) I don’t mean be mindlessly optimistic, but look on the bright side of things. Try to see the funny side of a situation and don’t take life so seriously!
#10: Be more organised. Yeah, this is always on my list, but this year, I will be more organised and I will get my homework in on time and stop losing important pieces of paperwork.

I think my overall resolution would be to take control of my life and make it what I want. I’m stepping into adulthood in the light of a new year, and I’m going to get off to a great start and hit the road running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you asap!