Pages

Friday 12 July 2013

Breaking News: "La Preppy Girl" hits the Blogosphere!


Hey guys, I'm back - with a new blog name!

Okay, so I've read it all over the web, that changing your blog name and website is like suicide, because reader's get totally attached to it, and then when they see you've changed it, they're all like "huh?". But I don't care (#IconaPop teehee). I'm the kind of person that likes to do what she wants, how she wants, and when she wants, so - BAM. Here you have it; La Preppy Girl.

The name sucks a little, according to my brother, but I like it; I'm feeling preppy these days. I was thinking something along the lines of something to do with summer, seeing as the fantastic weather I've been waiting for for sooooo long, is finally here (*Does victory dance*) but I couldn't come up with anything that I really liked :S
Here are some pictures which make me feel summery :D

I don't know why, but I'm just sooo excited for summer this year! There's so much to do, friends to hang out with, summer barbeques to organise, guest list to be created; as well as studying for other exams. There's also a summer residential course that I'm doing at Cambridge University in a few weeks time :D That should be really fun; I can't wait to meet all the new people!

I'm super excited about the barbeque, because it's the first time I've ever organised a partay-get-together thing, and my friends are going to come around and just chillax and eat food. I'll have to clean up the garden though, and give it a #summerclean. Oh, and that reminds me, I need to find the speakers, so we can play awesome-sauce music and summer tunes.
Some vegetarian options for my vegetarian friends :)
Yummy burgers :3 oooh, my stomach's growling really loudly now :S
I've also been compiling a list of summer tunes, for my Summer 2013 Playlist. Here are some suggestions - maybe you'll like them :)

Summertime - Will Smith 
This is the ultimate summer anthem; something about the track just screams summer, and the lyrics are pure genius. Favourite line: School's out and it's a sort of a buzz / Back then I didn't really know what it was

Radioactive - Marina & The Diamonds
Marina and the Diamonds - Radioactive single cover.jpg
It's a lot different from the other tracks on her Electra Heart album, but the clubby tune makes you just wanna throw your hands in the air and run around in the desert - or back garden, in my case. 
Favourite line: Lyin' on a fake beach / You'll never get a tan

Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke and those other guys. Maybe Pharrell?
This song is just sooo groovy! Again, I just wanna dance along, although the video is somewhat je-ne-sais-quoi :S Favourite line: You wanna hug me / Hey, hey, hey / What rhymes with hug me?

I Love It - Icona Pop
I think the fact that most of the song is sing-shouted makes this so catchy. Whenever it comes on the radio, I just let it rip, and totally yell along with the chorus (I Don't Care!) I'm sure people in the other cars can hear me :S but oh well, 'cause I DON'T CARE! The song itself is basically about letting go, crashing your car into a bridge, throwing some guy's stuff down the stairs, etc, etc, being up in space, and being from the 90's. OMG and I'm a 90's GAL!
Favourite line: (this is how I sing it) I threw your stuff into a bag and pushed YOU down the stairs


Disclaimer - I totally warn you not to do any of those things though, 'cause I'm pretty sure your insurance wouldn't cover "I don't care" :P

Yowch, I just reread this before posting, and I don't really know what labels to put on it :S it's like a massive, buffet sandwich thing with music, food, randomness and me as the filling. Yummy!

Hope you enjoyed the La-Preppy-Girl-sandwich, and let me know what you think of the new look :D

1 comment:

  1. I love your new look for your blog!! I just have looked through and read through it and it's great! I love Marina & The Diamonds too btw :Pxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you asap!